20 Best Free Things to Do in Toronto
If there is one thing you can expect from Canada’s largest city, it would be this: There is not dearth of things to do. And if you think you have to spend a lot ot make the most of your visit, think again! Here are some of the best free things to do in Toronto.
1. Head out to the Art Gallery of Ontario (AGO) between 6:00pm to 8:30pm on a Wednesday. See its Henry Moore Sculpture Collection, Canadian art, and other works.
2. Visit the Museum of Contemporary Canadian Art and explore the striking works of local and international artists.
3. If you have the time on a Friday between 4:00pm to 9:00pm, visit The Gardiner Museum to see its over 2,000 collection of ceramic artworks from around the world.
4. See the collection of old weapons and other memorabilia at the Toronto Police Museum and Discovery Centre.
5. Explore the works and exhibits featured at the Aga Khan Museum for free on Wednesday nights.
6. Take a stroll at Graffiti Alley and take a photo of some of the impressive murals you can find there.
7. Sign up for a free Tai Chi class from 7:30am to 9:00am every Monday to Saturday at Scarborough Town Centre.
8. If you are visiting during winter, venture out to one of the public skating rinks across the city for some ice skating fun.
9. Browse through the food stalls at the renowned St. Lawrence Market.
10. Discover the many intersting things to find and experience at Toronto’s Chinatown.
11. Explore The Distillery Historic District and see the village’s Victorian Industrial Architecture.
12. Get lost in Toronto Island’s William Meany Maze.
13. Catch a free movie during the summer months at the Harbourfront Centre.
14. Take the Free Toronto Tour by the Tour Guys Company.
15. Go on a self-guided tour to see the impressive architecture of Toronto City Hall.
16. Take a tour of the Riverdale Farm, explore its scenic pathways, and see the many animals and edible gardens in the area.
17. Enjoy the tour and free tasting at Amsterdam BrewHouse during Mondays to Thursdays (5:00pm) and Fridays (11:00am).
18. Experience the self-guided Ghost Tour of the City.
19. Connect with nature at High Park. Take a stroll at its beautiful gardens or watch the people fishing at the pond.
20. See the book exhibitions and other collections at the Thomas Fisher Rare Book Library.